Here are the directions for the On Going Articles assignment:
Journalism Ongoing Assignment- Articles!
As described in the ongoing assignment sheet students are expected to read and critique 20 articles (10/quarter) for the semester. Each completed article and critique is worth 20 points.
Articles must be at LEAST 300 words and should be from a CREDIBLE news source. (ex: Chicago Tribune, US News, Wall Street Journal) A non-credible or non-journalistic source would be TMZ, Seventeen magazine etc…
Do not write on this paper! Keep this as a reference for all of the articles. Write your answers on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to the article when you turn it in.
The following should be completed for each article:
- Newspaper or website the article is from:
- Date of article:
- In 3 to 5 sentences describe what the article is about.
- Identify each of the 5Ws and H. (Who, what, when, why, where, and how)
- Write a ONE sentence summary for the article,
- What do you think the author’s angle for this article was? Name another angle that the author could have taken.
- After reading the article, what is one question you would like answered? (May be for the reporter or subject of the story)